A wee vase

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery A wee vase

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

A wee vase I cut up a Laburnom branch today and this is made from a 4″ bit of scrap off the end about 1mm thick I hate wast it has only had one coat of oil maybe one more the a polish

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well Woody all your years with timber have not been wasted to see something like this in a piece of timber that most would discard.

It’s a lovely looking piece 🙂

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Beautiful piece woody mate! And as the saying goes,  turn it don’t burn it! Nice one!

Brody

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I had a look at the vase this morning to put another coat of oil on it and it has splits all the way round the mistake I made was bringing it in to photograph it and didn’t take it back out after so the heating dried it out to fast I should have taken it back out into the workshop and it probably would have been OK time to have a play with it to see what I can salvage.

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Well here it is 5 splits n all and my repairs

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Well worth saving mate. Still looks a belter

Brody

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

The splits don’t detract from the beauty in any way IMHO, but this save has definitely enhanced an already beautiful piece.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Woody

The splits were design opportunities and it looks great 🙂

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.