African blackwood finial box

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery African blackwood finial box

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by brodylee brodylee 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

African blackwood finial box

This is a result of one of my technical exercises to try and improve My tooling. I won this log of Blackwood in a competition and had never turned Iit before.

Every are has been tooled and textured to show Iit’s seen a gouge and I added a celtic band to the finial section.

A truly uunnerving exercise at time but I did learn some things and it’s such a beautiful wood to turn.

Cheers    Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Brody

This Black Wood look’s stunning, it’s always good to push yourself and improve tool control, but looking at your work I would guess that you have this well under control anyway 🙂

I’ll talk to our web people to see if we can’t get larger images which would really show this off

Ed

Dunc
    Dunc
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Brody,

You can post images of 600×600 safely. I have adjusted the image above to show it off in better detail.

Dunc

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Thanks ed for the complement. I dont get that much time at the lathe, so i do these exercises to keep my hand in tune. 🙂 thanks dunc for the info. It wasn’t the best picture in the first place.

More pics to come

CCheers    Brody

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.