AWGB Let's Teach Turning Course

Home Forums Learning Resources AWGB Let's Teach Turning Course

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

The AWGB have launched “Let’s Teach Turning Course” to promote the teaching of woodturning you can find out the details here http://www.awgb.co.uk/instructor-training/

Ed

iansblog
    iansblog
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the link, I was looking for the videos after my visit last week and could not find them, I did see the .exe on the AWGB website but did not download it as I don’t download .exe files.

Perhaps they should post the videos on a YouTube channel so people can find them with ease, also it’s taking an age to download

Thanks again for posting the link.

Ian

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Ian

It’s a work along course so interactive it’s quite safe to download

Ed

iansblog
    iansblog
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I have it downloaded, perhaps I will take the video files and replicate the program in a website (my day job) and send it back to them to host on-line, more people will find it that way, the angle of the filming shows off how to do things and the “mistakes” the “new” turners make are highlighted so the likes of me can avoid them. So far they are better than the YouTube videos I have found and the books / articles I have read just a pity that the video is hidden away as they are.

Ian

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Ian

If you do that send it to Paul Hannaby he’s the guy who look’s after that sort of stuff for the AWGB

All the best

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.