Dust Extraction 2

Home Forums Workshop Dust Extraction 2

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well there not been much turning the last few nights, but will back with it over the weekend dust extraction all up and running 🙂

Run out of grey gaffer

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Blimey Ed you’ve been busy !! That looks a good setup bet you can’t wait to start filling the bags up eh? 🙂 Have a good weekend sir!

Brody

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I have severe shed envy going on here. I work in a 16′ x 9′ wooden garage, which is packed to the seams with wood and car stuff. As yet, I have no extraction. I’m making do with a wet & dry vac for the majority of the dust and a mask for the rest. Not ideal, but better than nothing at all I suppose.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Tom

There is a cyclone unit that you can connect to a vacuum here http://www.toolovation.co.uk/product_p/axd001004.htm which is about the cheapest I’ve seen.

My workshop is only like this as in time as I said in another post I want to be able to show/teach people how to turn, so all my spare cash goes into the shop 🙂

Ed

MCB
      Participant
      • Skype Name:

I’m very pleasantly surprised to see you recommending another business; have you thought of selling these dust cyclones?

MCB

Tom
      Tom
      Participant
      • Skype Name:

Ooh, that looks interesting. I saw someone do something like that with a broken well known brand of cyclone style vacuum cleaner. This seems like so much less bother.

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

very nice Ed

It looks to be a nice system and I hope it servers you well.

Luke

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi MCB

Not at the moment my focus is on building a range of quality woodturning tools, finishes and other bits for turning. Who knows where it will lead in the future.

But first and foremost I am a woodturner and will share anything I come across or learn to help others with their woodturning. Olivers Woodturning is here to help as well as supply woodturning tools.

Hence why I offer to swap reward points for woodturning articles I believe that these articles will help other woodturners which in turn could encourage more people to find the pleasure that I have found in woodturning.

Ed 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.