Finley's Second Bowl

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery Finley's Second Bowl

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 2 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well we have been back out in the workshop again tonight and Finley’s turned his second bowl.

A bit of rippled Sweet Chestnut.

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

A very fine looking bowl it is too. My second attempt wasn’t that good. He’s got a good teacher though Ed mate. Nice one!

Brody

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Very nice looking bowl again. Much better than my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th……… etc attempt. 🙂

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Well it looks like your well and truly hooked young man what an amazing second attempt I think you are an amazing young man making such a wonderful bowl the future of woodturning is in the hands of young people like you keep at it

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I agree Woody. We should all be looking to the next generation to keep woodturning alive. One of my favourite rants is the fun police stopping “proper” technical studies in our schools.

Far from being accidents waiting to happen, we were taught to respect the tools and machines, and how to use them safely. It is a scary thought that anyone with access to a computer and some payment method can buy a very dangerous machine and start using it with no knowledge or supervision.
    At least when schools were allowed to make decisions concerning education, those of us who chose to participate in technical subjects came away with half a chance of not maiming ourselves.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Tom good point I have never given it a lot of thought, but your right we don’t let the young use power tools and machines at schools now days but they can buy one at any age a power tool ?

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.