First Show Update

Home Forums Chit Chat First Show Update

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well I did my first show with The Garden of England Woodturners. Sadly there weren’t many people, the A2 (the main road to the venue) was closed for repairs so it looked like a lot of people just did not try the cross country routes to get to the show.

On the plus side I did sell one rustic oak bowl for 35.00 🙂 it seems out of the 18 or so of us displaying our wares nobody really sold anything much, just the odd bit here and there, which was a shame as there were some great pieces.

Having not done this before I need to work on a display set-up for the next one but here is what I had on show.

Ed 🙂

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Nice collection there Ed, I am in particular awe of the vase/jardinière. My missus would go crazy for one of those at the foot of the stairs.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Thanks Tom the vase is cherry about 16″ tall and finished with CA 🙂

Ed

Alex
    Alex
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Ed, I see what you mean about liking to turn big!

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

🙂

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

That’s a  fine display of work Ed! Those platters are epic!

Shame about the low turnout, but at least you sold something.

I’m  trying to sort out display issues. You could spend as much time on displays as you do turning the stuff on it !! 😀

Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Thanks Brody, I’m going to turn some some cylinders at different heights to lift the bowls up all looks a bit flat.

Ed 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.