Fumbling with my knob

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery Fumbling with my knob

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by brodylee brodylee 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Another of my amateur fumbles is the gear shift knob in my car. The OE one was leather, and on an 18-year-old car was beginning to show it’s age.

The knob is made from spalted beech, as is the cigar lighter blank. Both are from the same board, and are ethically sourced. I have not been turning much recently due to a whole host of issues. I’m currently looking through my bits & bobs, hoping to build some enthusiasm.

There’s also a button over the 12V socket in the boot. The original cover was knocked off by the dog. This is made from yew.

Who knows, maybe someone else will fancy making one for their own vehicle.

Dunc
    Dunc
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

There I was about to kill this thread for being smutty.

Thats a really good idea. Next you need a flip top to cover the ejector seat button.

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

nice one dunc I like what your thinking there except it would have to be an aston for that to work.

great idea tom like how your thinking.

Luke

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well Tom that’s putting your turning to a very practical use and something that I quite like.

Good title by the way that made me laugh πŸ™‚

Ed

Tom
      Tom
      Participant
      • Skype Name:

It’s an attention getter. πŸ˜€

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Looking at the title, I thought I’d strayed onto one of those “art” websites πŸ™‚

These look really good Tom! Beautifully turned and finished. Β The rate my car is taking itself apart at the minute, I might need to rebuild the whole thing in wood πŸ˜€

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.