Gallery bowl

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery Gallery bowl

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by brodylee brodylee 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

One of my first turnings for a long time. Am going through a steel and wood theme at the moment This is Ash and Stainless steel . The outside was painted matt black for a more industrial look to tie in with the steel pins. The inside was sealed and polished to show the grain contrast. I have missed turning

Cheers

Brody

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Nice one Brody I dont normally like coloring but it looks good on your piece mate

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Good to see you back Brody and with a very stylish piece like the concept and style.

Ed

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Good to see you back Brody and with a very stylish piece like the concept and style.

Ed

Dunc
    Dunc
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Add a couple more of the elevated pieces and you have the top of an upside down Dalek!!

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Thanks all. It’s good to be turning again. ? I see what you mean about the dalek dunc?

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

looks really good Brody , i am liking the rim; what did you use to make that lift up?

Luke

brodylee
      brodylee
      Participant
      • Skype Name:

Thanks Luke. ? The pins a made from some salvaged stainless steel bars which have been epoxied into holes drilled in both pieces using 5he index facility on my lathe.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.