Happy Christmas & New Year

Home Forums Chit Chat Happy Christmas & New Year

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tom Tom 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year

Good Luck to you all and happy woodturning during 2015

Ed 🙂

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I had a great Christmas. Going out for my Christmas lunch with the lads at work when a TNT wagon pulls up with a delivery – for me.

“I haven’t ordered anything,” I said.

“No. I did,” said my missus.

I got one of these for Christmas.

So far I’ve only turned handles for the banjo & tailstock as recommended by other owners. What a treat to use after the Record lathe. I’ve ordered one of the Axi Clubman chuck sets to go with it.

Now, I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s luxury to me being able to turn something of a decent size without the ruddy thing stopping.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Smart Tom

I bet it will give you hours of fun 🙂

Just one tip we have one of these in the workshop, always turn the speed down before stopping the lathe. You can’t turn the speed down before starting it will only start at the speed you stopped the lathe at, once moving it can be turned down. The problem we found when we had a piece on that was spinning flat out for polishing, we stopped the lathe. The next piece we mounted out front and it was an out of balanced piece, turned the lathe on and she was bouncing all over the place 🙂

Enjoy your new toy

Ed

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Yep, had a scary moment already 😀

The instructions say to always turn it down to the slowest speed, but it’s very easy to forget.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.