hello all, Charlie here – new to this forum, but not new to woodturning

Home Forums Who are you? hello all, Charlie here – new to this forum, but not new to woodturning

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      charlie r
      Participant
      • Skype Name:

Hi All, I been woodturning since 2004/5 and progressed quite well with self teaching and making mistakes. Now retirement has turned-up I have more time to concentrate on projects. Invested in a new leathe last year (Record, Coronet Herald, varible speed) and done a number of pens/wine toppers etc…, had a client who took a small order of pens (25) for his clients prior to Christmas which turned out to be a nice project.

Question for the more experienced turners if I may;

In our area of South East Wales (NP10) the local Authority recently carried out Ash Die-Back thining of a large number of trees. While they cleaned up most of the area there remains a large number of what appears to be good off-cuts of different sizez (50mm to 300mm diameter pieces). Can anyone advise if these off-cuts are safe to turn, and how would the Ash Die-Back be identified if it is in any of the branch off-cuts which appear to be clean. Appreciate that they would need to be seasoned/dried for some time before use if possible?

Look forward to contributing further in the forum discussions – stay safe

Regards – Charlie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.