Hot Wired

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery Hot Wired

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Another piece in the HMG series “Hot Wired”

This hollow form is 130mm tall x 230mm diameter wall thickness is around 3mm.

The hollow form has been turned. Sanded inside and out to 5600 grit, the hot melt glue (HMG) applied, it’s then sprayed black.

Coloured using copper gilt cream to give the effect of copper wire wrapped around the hollow form. The top is textured and coloured in the same way.

Hope you like it

Ed

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

That is very nice Ed its good to do different mate and well done on your website it is working a lot faster now

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Thanks Woody it a slow process getting things working right one web guy tells you one thing and then another tells you something completely different 🙂

Ed

broadsea
    broadsea
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Another stunning bowl using hot melt glue. You really should do a couple of videos showing us meer mortals how this is done. Well I know the theory behind it but just have not got the guts to try it on a finished bowl. So a video may change my mind.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi broadsea

I’ll be doing some videos one various things that I do in a few weeks time, firstly I have got to get ready for the AWGB seminar at Loughborough.

Glad you like the new pot

All the best

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.