Industrial coffee table

Home Forums Chit Chat Industrial coffee table

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by brodylee brodylee 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I’m putting this here as it’s not technically turning, but it does involve a lathe.

I was given an old lathe that was too far beyond saving, so used the bedways as the main section of the table frame. Made the other parts from unistrut. Kept all of the patina on the steelwork and sealed it with lacquer, and made the top up from reclaimed floorboards.

I was trying to sell it till the wife said, ooooh I think that should go in the lounge.

I love working with steel, and combining it with woodwork is just the cherry on the cake for me.

Cheers     Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Brody

I’ve been selling Unistrut for 30+ years and thought I had used and seen it used for just about anything. Well till now that is I’ve never seen a coffee table made from it 🙂

I have to say it looks alright and in the right space would work really well.

Would you like some end caps so the ends don’t dig in the floor, I can pop a few in the post to you.

Ed

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Nice use of uni-strut 😉

I’m never sure about the industrial look. I like it mainly, but I don’t think I would like it in the house. I’m a big Rico fan, so see the possibilities in most stuff others fling away. Just can’t make my mind up sometimes though.

Horses for courses as my auld granny would have said

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Ed

Some end caps would be brilliant,  thanks. How much do you want for them? And thanks for the page like on faceache too 😉

Tom

I know what yoy mean, it has to be in the right place for sure. I too am a massive fan of Rico, was watching Le Salvager last night. II’m going to build as much as I can for the lounge, as the wife has let me off the lead. Picture frame next.

Cheers   Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Brody

I’ll send you up some as samples, no problem.

All the best

Ed

Dunc
    Dunc
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Neat! You could stick some channel trolleys underneath and have a sliding magazine/remote rack!!

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Dunc, that’s a good idea.  I will run it past management for approval 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.