Is it a Bowl or a Platter

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery Is it a Bowl or a Platter

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 3 years ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well just got in from the workshop with my latest piece of Rippled Chestnut it’s 650mm diameter by 35mm high so is it a bowl or a platter ๐Ÿ™‚

comments welcome my woodturning friends ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and excuse the cooker it’s the only clear space I had to take a picture ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

It’s a blatter ๐Ÿ˜€

It doesn’t matter what you name it really, it’s lovely and that’s what matters.

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

that’s quiteย  big Ed you must of done it out board on your lathe I bet that was though

Luke

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Tom it’s a Bowllater ๐Ÿ™‚ the wood is quite stunning.

Luke it’s not that hard to turn out board on on a lathe I do it quite a few very large pieces and natural stuff, it’s what I like to do. I have a free standing Jet tool rest which helps, but I want a VB36 then you will see extra large ๐Ÿ™‚

Ed

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

The vb36 would be a great addition to anyone’s shop as it can still do spindle work so you can use it as the master bowl turner or a normal lathe.

but then one I like as well is the onewayย  2436 as it still has the bed so I can do vases and that on it but also be able to do 24″ bowl or platterย  over the bed.

Luke

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

It’s gorgeous whatever it’s title Ed! What a stunning piece of work. ย A VB36 eh? If only ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s always a pleasure to see your work mate, and your cooker ๐Ÿ˜‰

Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

If ever you see my work smoking then you’ll know I forgot to turn it off first ๐Ÿ™‚

Ed

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

That is stunning Ed I haven’t turned anything large since before my bypass but after seeing that well I am tempted as long as the wife dont find out LOL

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Thanks Woody, if you do something this size you won’t be able to hide it from your wife for long ๐Ÿ™‚

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.