M3 Mokume composite pens

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery M3 Mokume composite pens

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dunc Dunc 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Today was a day of first used me new video camera & my new Evolution chuck for the first time and turned M3 for the first time and enjoyed them all well most.

Well tried doing a video but got it all wrong so here are some photos of some M3 Mokume composite blanks ( metal composite in plane English) made up on sierra kits If any of you have considered these blanks they are very easy to turn with standard woodturning chisels in fact easer than some acrylics the instructions say sand to 800 I went to 1000grit but found I needed to go to 1,500 grit W&D to get a good finish the polishing compound you get with them to polish with was rock hard so I used good ol Autoglem at first I was a bit disappointed with them but the more I look the more I like them.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well Woody turned to your normal standards, they look pretty smart 🙂

I think that I prefer the darker pen blank but that’s just my person taste.

Happy New Year

Ed

woody
      woody
      Participant
      • Skype Name:

Yes Ed I to prefer the ally to the copper as do most people

Dunc
    Dunc
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Those look classy Woody. I like both,  the darker looks smarter and perhaps more business like but think I would prefer the brighter  colour as I’m a bit of a show off. 🙂

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

How about these then Dunc well show off pens LOL

Dunc
    Dunc
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Both very nice. The purple would defo get some attention.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.