New Guy

Home Forums Who are you? New Guy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 2 years ago.

• Author

Scud72
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Hi All

Just wanted to say Hello,

I have been wood-turning for about 6 years now, i have made various things from fruit bowls to goblets, i am only an amateur and i everything i know i have taught myself, read about or watched various videos online,

I am from Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland which means i am pretty limited to supplies etc of wood and tools due to the location and the fact that not many people do wood turning in fact some wouldn’t know what it is, if anyone has any recommendations as to where i can obtain some good wood that i don’t have to pay a fortune to get delivered would be greatly appreciated.

A big thank you to Olivers Woodturning who i have just recently stumbled across, great site with great variety, i have bought a number of items over the last 2 weeks and my brother has also bought some stuff, what really stood out for me was the fact that you do not discriminate against us guys in Northern Ireland by charging a ransom for delivery in fact you treated us like we where on the mainland.

I really love wood turning as it helps me get away from the daily grind etc of the working week.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Happy Turning everyone

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Scud72

Sorry but you did not leave your name, Glad to hear you like the site, I do what I can to support woodturners and woodturning. If we can find a carrier to ship the order cheap enough then we will.

In the near future we may be able to help with wood supply so keep watching, or failing that if you have not already done so contact a few tree surgeons near you they normally chop the wood up for firewood.

Glad to have you on board.

All the best

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.