New to wood turning

Home Forums Chit Chat New to wood turning

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lee85 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Joiner_8
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Hi Guys, I have just joined the forum and would like some advice I am a joiner to trade and retired now so am interested in purchasing a wood turning lathe.

I have limited space in my garage but would still like to setup a lathe and don’t think i will be interested in turning the big stuff, maybe 12″ bowls or some small spindle work I have been looking at 2 lathes a record DML 305 and a Record DML 320 variable speed the DML 320 seem to be alot cheaper than the DML 305, as a starter to wood turning can anybody give me some advice on which of the two i should be looking at .

Regards Dewar

lee85
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Hi there also new I just purchased the record power dml320 variable speed lathe. I’m quite happy with it a good solid piece. No just need some lessons loo

lee85
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Hi there also new I just purchased the record power dml320 variable speed lathe. I’m quite happy with it a good solid piece. No just need some lessons lol

lee85
      Participant
      • Skype Name:

I was advices to go for the top end of what I could afford and when I factored in all the other items I needed the 320 was just in budget but as I say I’m happy with it and when I do outgrow it I hear they are quite re salable

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.