No Turning :-(

Home Forums Chit Chat No Turning :-(

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by brodylee brodylee 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

The past weekend and today have seen me doing No turning, been pressed ganged to to helping clear the mother-in-laws house.

But Tomorrow 🙂 Back In The Workshop 🙂 🙂 🙂

I feel some pewter work coming on Strong

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Pewter  you say? You’ve gone all Simon Hope on us. Not a bad thing by any stretch. I love his pewter work. Where do you get your pewter from if you don’t mind me asking. Been looking for some for so long I gave up.

Glad to hear some workshop time is on the cards tomorrow,  withdrawal symptoms kick in quick don’t they? 😉

Looking forward to seeing what you make Ed

Cheers    Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Brody

I’ve been collecting the pewter from boot fairs 50p a tankard got a 5kg platter for 2.50 the other weekend 🙂

Ed

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

P.S.

Simon Hope’s stuff is arriving end of next week start of the week after, he off to Ireland for a few days 🙂

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Ed. Car boot sales. Why didn’t I think of that? DER:-)

ive got a couple of Hope tools, got to say they are fantastic. Really well made tools.

I’m looking at the sanding kits he has, are they on the arrivals list? Then I may also look at more tools too. 😉

Brody

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I’m hoping for some shed time tomorrow.  I want to turn the rippled chestnut blank I bought, and have a go with my new bowl gouges.

Spent a small amount of time making a new donut chuck, and generally having a bit of a sharpen of my tools in readiness for tomorrow and a tidy up. 🙂

Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

All Simon’s sanding stuff will be in I think that it’s first class. along with his quick release handles and the Ashley Iles double ended gouges.

Can’t wait. Going to be running some reviews on Simon’s v Sorby’s 🙂

Ed

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Yes, not turning for me this weekend either. I’ve not been feeling too well 🙁 with dizzy spells and banging headaches. Thursday I was rushed in to what they call the clinical assessment unit attached to A&E because I was having pains in the chest and numbness down the arms. Suspected heart attack.

I’m not ashamed to say I was completely terrified. Seems the nurses all panicked because my ECG readings were all over the place. No-one said anything to me. If they had I could have told them I’ve had an irregular heartbeat since birth.

Panic over. I do however have very high blood pressure, so no playing with machinery until after I see the quack and find out what’s going on.

How was your week?

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Blimey Tom! Hope you get yourself sorted out. I had the same experience a few tears back with suspected heart attack. Again, if they’d just asked I would have told them I have chostocondritis, an inflamation of the cartilage around my ribs where they meet the sternum.  But, better sefe than sorry eh.

I’ve been looking after the wife this week, as on Monday she had minor nerve surgery on her arm, so no driving or chasing my two boys.

Been planning projects and scribbling down ideas really. I’m hitting the shed at some point today hopefully

Take it easy

Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Well Tom I bet that was a blow you never know what is around the corner, I’m on blood pressure tablets and it looks like they are going to go up soon, that where my woodturning helps me chill.

My week as been quite calm compared to yours and Brody’s.

Lets hope that this week ahead is a better one for you.

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Ed.

I agree about turning being a relaxing thing.  Without wanting to sound like an arty farty git, there’s nothing like locking your mind into a piece,  seeing and hearing the shavigs fly. It’s become my reset point to a large extent.

Brody

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.