one for the ladies

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery one for the ladies

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 3 years ago.

• Author
    brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Couple of pics of some jewellery ideas I’ve got floating around.

The first one is a bangle made from Idigbo, maple and walnut with, of course open segments 🙂

And the second set is a ring and necklace.  The ring and the insert on the necklace are a homemade blank,  the same as for my pens. Set in a nice bit of spalted beech for a contrast.

Really need to start selling some of these things, my shed is full:-)

C&C always welcome

Cheers     Brody

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Brody you like your segmented things and as I get better and more skilled I will try and be more adventures with my work.

If I was a lady I would love to where that they look very nice.

Luke

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Nice Brody Very Nice Indeed

I’m doing my first fair in October the house is full of bowls and hollow forms and the wife want’s the dining room table back for Christmas 🙂

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Cheers chaps for the comments! I do like segmenting, it’s one of my favourite things to do.  But will try and post something solid next, promise 😉

My “gallery” or as the wife insists on calling it,  the kitchen is full. Did my first craft fair in June, and a couple of other bits and bobs, but the problem I’m finding is people don’t want to pay for your work. It is down to the captive audience you have at the time it’s true, but I’m not undervaluing my stuff for the sake of a sale.

You can’t have an Aston Martin for Ford Fiesta money 🙂

Cheers    Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Brody

What I seen about selling your work it all seems to be a bit hit and miss. You need to show your work at the larger events or the two day type shows and then you get the people who are more collectors rather than just anybody who then wants to treat your work like a car boot sale.

I’m doing my first show with the club in later in October, but I won’t be dropping any prices just to get a sale and some of the pieces I’m planning to take will be 100’s I think that I’ll just double the price of the wood on the big bits.

I’ll post full detail of what I took and what I charged and the out come once I’ve done the show.

All the best

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.