pens pens pens

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery pens pens pens

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by brodylee brodylee 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

One of my favorite things to turn. And recently I’ve started making my own blanks.

I do turn wood pens, but the acrylics seem popular, and by making my own, I can make, within reason, pretty much what I need.

I’ve got a paint pressure pot that’s been converted and a homemade air compressor. I’ve made some blanks up and even managed to sell a couple to other penturners.

There’s still a lot I can’t do, I will never rival a production line, but it’s another thing to be able to do.

c&c always welcome

Cheers     Brody

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Could I see this little compressor you made up it intrigues me, the way you do this process.

Luke

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Yeah no problem luke. I’ll take some pics and add them when I get back from work

Brody

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

thanks Brody for that as I have a small compressor that is multi purpose. That was what I used to spray my lathe with as it was a lighter green.

Luke

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Very nice Brody you certainly have an eye and skill to match.

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

My hhomemade air compressor. Im a refrigeration engineer,  and this was a complete system with a damaged coil. So I had to save it. It’s a 1hp compressor and virtually silent.

And a pic of my converted paint sprayer. Its not a pretty set up, but Iit works really well

Cheers   Brody

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.