Spalted Beech hollow form

Home Forums Woodturning Gallery Spalted Beech hollow form

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ed (the amateur) turner ed (the amateur) turner 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Turned this tonight out of a piece of beech that was realistically too far gone, but after a lot of  thin ca and frequent sharpening, I eneded up with something. I’m trying to concentrate on getting better forms in pieces like this. Another tool control test I suppose.

This won’t leave the house, as it was just a test piece, but it’s served it’s purpose well.  Good times.

C&C always welcome

Cheers     Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Brody

This look nice I like the rings around the neck.

Did you mange to get a even wall thickness all the way round ? I did something like this a while ago but could not get right in to the widest point.

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

That’s a lovely piece Ed. I got a good wall thickness, but only got  about 90% to the corner before the cutter just got in the way. But I’ve got a plan for that.  😉

Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Brody

I think that I got about the same, the only way I have see and been told to do it is to either remove the bottom or top hollow and then replace the piece taken out.

You will have to share your plan 🙂

Ed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.