The Taz-cave

Home Forums Workshop The Taz-cave

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  themackay53 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I’ve not been on here for ages. It was so quiet I kinda just kept an eye on it from a distance. Totally the wrong thing to do of course, because forums only grow through activity. After my injury too, I was turning very little. What pitiful excuse we had for a Summer didn’t help much either.
    Anyroad, some of you may know I have a new workshop.
    My old shed was a 16’x8′ wooden garage, around 20 years old. The previous owner was fairly indifferent about maintenance, so when I got hold of it back in 2008 it was fairly far gone with wet rot. I repaired the worst of it, but really should have replaced the entire frame at the bottom because what hadn’t been repaired rotted in spectacular fashion.

The new shed is nothing near as good as Ed’s new place, but it is a massive step up for me.

It needs a good clean outside and a lick of paint, but that’s the least important part. This was just before I had it uplifted and moved to my site. The cabin itself was formerly kitted out as a site canteen.

This shows it being delivered to site, with my old shed just behind.

Once the old shed was down, the new cabin was lifted onto the vacant site and levelled on the jack-legs.

The small panel on the right hand side conceals my larger compressor. At some point the air will be distributed via copper tubing to various outlets around the walls.

The opposite end sees the lathe waiting to be raised on blocks and bolted down, and the space to the right of the roller-shutter cabinet where my heavy bench will be rebuilt eventually.

I’m not 100% certain what went wrong with this photo, to make my chop-saw look undead. I think it must have been something to do with the stitching process.
    I’m all set to go now though, and the lathe has been used to make sure it is flat and true.

All wind and water tight, insulated, and easy to keep clean. All I still have to do can be done at my leisure.

Thanks for looking

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Hi Tom

It’s nice to see your still keeping an eye on the forum, as you said any forum will not work unless people get involved, I’m as guilty as anyone it’s my forum and I don’t post here from one week to the next.

Great looking new workshop you have there Tom very neat and tidy I hope that it brings you many hours of fun 🙂

All the best

Ed

Dunc
    Dunc
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

ANTI GRAVITY JARS!!!!! ANTI GRAVITY JARS!!!!! ANTI GRAVITY JARS!!!!!

themackay53
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Looking good Tom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.