What's on your to do list?

Home Forums Chit Chat What's on your to do list?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by woody woody 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Greetings all! Not been well for some time bow and am off to the doctors in the morning for an M.O.T 🙂

Tomorrow I start a two week leave from work, which I desperately need.  I’ve got a fair few things to make, and a few things to finish too.

Amongst the list are things for a local craft fair at my lads school.

What’s everyone else up to?

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I’ve got the quack on Wednesday for the follow up from my bloods on Friday. Blood pressure was normal at last appointment, but my cholestorol was 7 13 months ago when it was last tested.

Good luck with yours, and have a good break. I’m hoping to manage a full week at work for a change this week, then a long weekend the following week for the Scottish Woodworking Show 2014.

The National show at Ingliston has been cancelled this year, so this should hopefully be a good ‘un in it’s place.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Getting ready to do my first show with the Garden of England Woodturners on the 25th well I see then what people think of my work 🙂 or 🙁

working on a large bowl platter type thing at the moment and been playing with off centre bowls.

Brody good luck at the quacks I’m back there next week for another blood pressure test it’s high again so more pills I guess.

Tom have you not publish the Scottish woodworking show in the clubs bit, I would do that if I were you of send me the details and I’ll do it. I know there’s only a few of us posting here still but I see the numbers of people who look at the forum and it’s quite high around 40 people per day.

Just come in from the workshop so hopefully I’ll post something in the gallery in the next day or so.

All the best

Ed 🙂

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

How did you get on with the quack then Brody? Hope everything was OK.

I got all my results last night. Liver function perfect, kidney function perfect LDL cholesterol low, HDL cholesterol high, risk of heart attack or stroke under 11%. My blood pressure was “within acceptable range” whatever that is. I’ve still to get the 24hr blood pressure monitor fitted to be on the safe side, but other than that I have been given a clean bill of health. (Physically at any rate. Mentally….. well that’s another very long story)
    It seems the issues I had a few weeks ago were caused by the virus I had which gave me my first sinus infection of the winter a bit earlier than normal.

Now to get back to turning. My head is buzzing with ideas.

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Good News Tom 🙂

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Morning!!  Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been as sick a s a dog! Went to the quacks and have the party compendium pack of viruses,  and strained muscles in my abdomen and the Inflamation around my ribs is really rather bad. Especially as I further antagonised it by having to replace the brakes on my car on Friday.  All I heard was a crack and a twang. I’m on so many tablets at the minute, that when I walk, I rattle 🙂 But, nil desperandum,  did a bit of turning yesterday and feeling a wee bit better so we shall see.

Good to hear you’re on the mend too Tom.

Cheers     Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Brody it’s good to hear your on the mend fingers crossed you can get back to the woodturning full bore.

Ed

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Woooo! Sounds nasty Brody – keep it to yourself please. 😀

My quack reckons it was a virus that gave me the high blood pressure & chest pains.

Take care

Tom

woody
    woody
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Well sounds like I’m in the right place with a load of ol crocks LOL no fun getting old with more visits to the docs than ever but hay ho its better than pushing up daisies glad things are working out well for you all

Re the question about our do it list I have loads of ideas whising around in me head but like today I’m was going to cut that laburnum branch up and make some vases so I cut it up turned the bit of waste from the end a small vase I hate waste and then ended up drilling some pen blanks so it looks like the other vases will be a project for another day I also have half of a Laburnum log I want to make a natural edge fruit bowl with I’m so glad I dont have to earn a living any more happy days

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.