Who Are You

Home Forums Who are you? Who Are You

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by brodylee brodylee 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

This part of the forum takes it’s name from my first passion Music and The Who But I think that it is now becoming my second passion.

Woodturning is my new first love while playing and signing along to The Who.

Do you have music while you work?

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I do listen to music more often than not. It’s rather extreme as I’ve been a lover and player of metal for many years so most of my turnings are made at 220bpm πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

It’s strangely relaxing in its own way and really does help me focus πŸ™‚

Brody

luke
    luke
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I normally listen to the wood on the lathe but when I remember to put the radio on as I don’t know how to change the channel I just listen to smooth as it’s already on, sometimes and this rare I take out my phone and plug it in to my stereo and play what’s ever on there and that’s sometimes nice for me.

Luke

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

My iPod is plumbed in to my workshop and I have over 10,000 tracks so I have it on shuffle a lot of the time so I can hear Ella FitzgeraldΒ  one minute and The Who the next πŸ™‚ my musical tastes are very varied I even listen to ABBA πŸ™‚

Ed

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Brody

Keith Moon

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Ed. Keith Moon what a legend. Β Just a shame he went the same way as John Bonham. Β I started by playing the drums, but gravitated towards guitar when I was 15. When I get a very rare chance to go to our local studio with a couple of the lads, I still have to tickle the skins. Still love it! πŸ™‚

Very heavily into guitars though, ive got quite a few, ive built three, and I’ve been called a sad git on many occasions πŸ™‚

Brody

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

I saw Bonham live in 78 or 79 Earls Court.

I would love be to be able to play drums had a few lessons got a kit but just could not get with the beat moving two hands and two feet at the same time in different ways did for me πŸ™‚

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

The bloke was a true genius! Β my eldest is learning the drums at school, and I said if he gets into it, we will turn him some custom sticks one weekend. I went to see him play at school a few months back, and I must admit he had that look in gis eyes πŸ™‚

My youngest lad, likes my guitars, so it’s a win win for me really πŸ™‚ And I can’t keep him out of the shed either. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

I listen to just about anything. My iPod was in the shed until recently when it went pop. It needs a new screen, so I’m in 2 minds whether to just replace it.

I miss switching on and setting it to shuffle. You never know what you’re going to get

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Tom

Your not having a lot of luck what with the lathe and now the ipod πŸ™

Ed

Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Ah, but there again, I didn’t have a heart attack. So that’s good. πŸ˜€

ed (the amateur) turner
    ed (the amateur) turner
    Keymaster
    • Skype Name:

Just read that Tom Fingers crossed that you back at your lathe soon

Ed

brodylee
    brodylee
    Participant
    • Skype Name:

Very true Tom. At least it was just the ipod that went pop. Hope your doing better.

Brody

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.