Hampshire Sheen CarnaCrystalline Wax Stick
£4.16 excl.Vat(£4.99 inc.Vat)
Out of stock
Currently out of stock, take a look at the Chestnut Products Microcrystalline Wax Stick as an alternative.
Hampshire Sheen CarnaCrystalline Wax Stick is a woodturners ultra glossy finishing stick. Because this hand blended wood wax contains carnauba and microcrystalline waxes the results are a brilliant shine. CarnaCrystalline wax also provides lasting, tough protection for your turned wood pieces.
Easy to apply while your work is turning on a lathe with great results every time.
Approx 9cm x 5cm x 1cm (39g).
How to Apply CarnaCrystalline Wax Stick
- Sand your work down to at least 400 grit.
- Apply some sanding sealer and gently cut back.
- Apply your usual finishing wax.
- Rub the Wax Stick gently and smoothly over the surface of your work with your lathe set to a fast speed. Try to cover the surface evenly in one go.
- Apply gentle pressure with a soft paper towel to melt and smooth the wax into the wood.
My first wax stick.
Gives a very good shine.
Using it is for me not very comfortable. My lathe don’t have variable speed. I have to change by hand the speed (RPM) from low (after sanding) to high (for applying the stick). But it is really a great wax stick.