842H Robert Sorby Bowl Gouges
£45.60 – £88.80
Robert Sorby 842LH Standard Grind with Handle
The 842H Robert Sorby Bowl Gouges have a standard grind sharpened to a 45° cutting angle.
The 842 range of bowl gouges, equally suited to deep or shallow cuts and are for more than just making bowls.
As a versatile tool the Robert Sorby bowl gouge is capable of heavy profile cuts or making the finest whisper cuts for an outstanding finish.. You can spindle turn with a bowl gouge.
A Bowl Gouge features a more pronounced U shape than that found on a spindle gouge. The spindle gouge has a C shape.
As a heavy duty tool the Bowl Gouge is recommended for the woodturning of bowls, platters, boxes and hollow forms.
Robert Sorby bowl gouges listed here are the 842H, 842LH and 842XLH. The 842XLH are a longer, heavier duty tool, made from the highest quality high speed steel (HSS).
842H Robert Sorby Bowl Gouges Sizes
- 3/8″ (10mm) – Handle Length 11″ (280mm) – Overall Length 20″ (500mm).
- 1/4″ (6mm) – Handle Length 14″ (350mm) – Overall Length 23 1/4″ (580mm).
- 3/8″ (10mm) – Handle Length 14″ (350mm) – Overall Length 23 1/4″ (580mm).
- 1/2″ (13mm) – Handle length 14″ (350mm) – Overall Length 23 1/4″ (580mm).
- 1/2″ (13mm) – Handle Length 17″ (430mm) – Overall Length 26″ (660mm).
- 3/4″ (19mm) – Handle Length 17″ (430mm) – Overall Length 26 1/2″ (670mm).