Liberon Pure Tung Oil
£7.29 excl.Vat(£8.75 inc.Vat)
Liberon Pure Tung Oil is highly resistant to water, alcohol and food acids with a hard wearing finish.
- Premium, pure and natural oil for wood care.
- Non toxic, ideal for use on food contact surfaces – kitchen worktops, chopping boards and salad bowls.
- Provides a long lasting matt finish.
- Water, heat and alcohol resistant.
- EN71 approved – safe for toys.
- Suitable for interior and exterior use.
- Recommended for use on external oak.
How to use:
For the first couple of coats you should dilute the Pure Tung Oil 50/50 with white spirit, this will allow the oil to penetrate deep into the wood for best protection. You can use a brush or clean, lint free cloth to apply the oil. Allow 20 to 30 minutes for the oil to seep into the wood before you wipe off the excess using a clean, lint free cloth. Leave 24 hours between coats.
Subsequent coats can use progressively less dilute solutions until the final coat is pure Tung Oil.
After applying the final coat wipe over at regular periods to remove any oil that may have surfaced and to help reduce drying time.
Apply a minimum of 4 coats and rub gently with ultra fine wire wool between coats.
1 Litre will cover approx 10-12m².
Leave 24 hours between coats and 4 days for the final coat to be totally dry.