Stratos XL Woodturning Lathe
£3,082.50 excl.Vat(£3,699.00 inc.Vat)
Stratos XL Wood Turning Lathes
Stratos XL Woodturning Lathe. This is the monster of the KS Drechselbedarf range. This is one serious lathe, weighing in at a massive 320kg.
The Stratos XL is driven by a 230v 3 phase motor delivering 2.2kw 3 horse power. This will turn the biggest piece of wood that you can find. The power is fully controllable via the magnetic movable speed control box and the three pulley system. The low speed pulley giving more torque deliverers a spindle speed from 60rpm to 1200rpm. The middle pulley runs the spindle between 100 and 2200 rpm and lastly the third pulley delivers speeds from 150rpm to 3700rpm.
This woodturning lathe will handle spindles up to 750mm (29 1/2 inches) without an extension bed. Or you can add the 500mm Stratos XL Short Bed Extension giving you a spindle turning length of 1250mm (49 inches). But that’s not all, if you feel you need even more length there’s the Stratos XL Short Long Extension with it’s own leg stand which is 1400mm so you would be able to turn spindles up to 2150mm (84 1/2 inches), that’s over 2 meters (7 feet!!!). Good luck lifting a piece of timber this size onto your lathe.
Over the bed you will be able to turn bowl blanks up to 560mm (22 inches) with the Stratos XL’s massive 280mm (11 inch) centre height. But if that’s not large enough you can mount an extension bed and then you’ll be able to turn bowl blanks up to a metre! Yes that right, 1000mm (39 inches) over three foot in diameter. The extension bed gives you a 500mm centre height. This is truly no small lathe!
If you’re looking for one lathe that can tackle almost anything then the Stratos XL woodturning lathe is the lathe for your workshop.
Stratos XL Woodturning Lathe Features at a Glance:
- Cast iron construction.
- Live centre.
- Speeds of 60 to 3700 RPM achieved through 3 pulleys.
- 24 index system.
- 400 mm Tool rest.
- 150 mm Faceplate.
- A Bed extension is available to increase Centre Height.
- Headstock slides and pivots for total control.
- Motor has both forward and reverse modes.
- Moveable control box with magnet for easy access.
- Hand wheel.
Stratos XL Woodturning Lathe Specifications:
- 2,2 kW Motor with 3HP (230 V).
- 280mm Centre Height with Diameter of 550 mm or 1000mm with the optional Extension.
- 750mm Between Centres.
- Pulley 1=60 to 1200 RPM.
- Pulley 2=100 to 2200 RPM.
- Pulley 3=150 to 3700 RPM.
- M33x3,5 (2MT) Tapers for both Spindle and Tailstock.
- 2MT with quill measurement Tailstock.
- 30 mm Diameter Tool Post.
- Overall Size L x W x H: 1650 x 610 x 1250 mm.
- 320kg Weight.
- 5 Year Parts Warranty.
- Designed in Germany, made in Austria.
- Supplied with a Euro plug attached, we supply a UK adaptor.
Available accessories for the Stratos XL
- Stratos XL Short Bed Extension
- Stratos XL Long Bed Extension
- Stratos XL Swing Away System
- Stratos XL Short Bed Leg and Extender Post
- Stratos XL Easy Plate System
Lathe Shipping Info
You must select Lathe Shipping during checkout otherwise your order will be delayed and we will need to take a further payment. Delivery time is 7 working days.
Free shipping is not available on this product.
All accessories for this lathe have a minimum shipping charge of £25 when ordered on their own, this charge is not applied when ordering accessories with a Lathe. So consider purchasing required accessories with your Lathe to save on shipping.